Why AAMET EFT Certification?
There are other certification programs springing up in response to the publics desire to be certified. We support everyones freedom of choice. Here are some of the reasons why we support AAMET EFT certification over others:
- Those certifying EFT for AAMET have immense clinical experience including private practices, proven practitioner skills, a history of supervising, recommendations from students and clients, and more.
- The majority of EFT Masters currently teaching EFT Levels are all following AAMETs curriculum, regulations and syllabus. This speaks volumes.
- AAMETs grandparenting policy clearly recognizes previous training and experience.
- AAMET has been in place for over 8 years with a vast amount of practical and administrative experience in this area.
- AAMET is a true democracy (that does not rely on the permanent leadership of any one person who might need to retire and leave the program as Gary Craig needed to do in June, 2010.)
- Both licensed and unlicensed professionals are welcome in AAMETs certification process.
- AAMETs EFT Master curriculum is being put together by current EFT Masters with the assistance of Ann Adams who originally set the EFT Masters program up with Gary Craig.
Does my existing workshop experience count toward AAMET certification?
Any relevant professional credentials, experience and skills will be taken into consideration on a case-by-case basis. Be sure to list your background and any relevant skills on your application for being grandfathered in.
Does it matter who I took the classes from?
For AAMET certification, you should take your classes from an AAMET trainer. However, you may fall under the grandfathering process under certain circumstances. Please fill out the application form for grandfathering or contact an AAMET Trainer. In consultation, an AAMET Trainer may determine that your prior training is a sufficient foundation to become a part of their Practitioner Certification path.
Does my EFT-Cert I and II count for anything?
This certification shows that you have EFT knowledge based on Gary Craig’s online test. Most AAMET trainers see this as a sufficient EFT foundation to submit your case studies in your path to becoming an AAMET EFT Level 2 Practitioner. It does not show your skill in an actual EFT session. Practitioner certification is completed by individual AAMET Trainers. Please contact an AAMET Trainer for your individual assessment of skills.
Do any of my professional credentials count in my favor?
The AAMET reviews applications on a case-by-case basis and seeks to treat each applicant fairly and respectfully. Provided that you have adequate training and experience with EFT, AAMET will consider any relevant professional credentials and experience in your favor. If you have a background in therapy, teaching, training, presenting or any other relevant skills, you have the opportunity to include all of this in your application for being grandfathered into your desired level.
How do I get registered with AAMET?
Click on this link: http://www.aamet.org/join/registration
How much does it cost to join AAMET?
Membership fees vary depending on membership level. Fees are as follows Students £10 (approx $16); qualified Practitioners £20 (approx $31), Adv. Practitioners £22 (approx $34); Trainers £30 (approx $47); Trainer of Trainers £40 (approx $62) and Masters £50 (approx $78). Being a member will give you privileged access to certain downloads and information on the website, depending upon the level of membership.
Why should I register with AAMET? How will joining AAMET benefit me?
- Opportunity to belong to an Association that has standards of practice and training
- Increased recognition and acceptance by being a member of a professional Association
- Opportunity to create your own profile page
- Advertise yourself, your courses and events (coming soon)
- Trainers have access to materials, logos, letter-heads etc
- Opportunity to submit articles for publication in the high-quality AAMET Magazine
How do I find workshops near me?
Click to go to our AAMET US Trainings page.
You can also find more here http://www.aamet.org/events-course-events/training/cat_listevents/- and http://www.eftregister.com/
What are the different levels of membership offered by AAMET?
- Fellow (Appointed for their contribution to AAMET and/or EFT)
- Friend (Anyone with an interest in learning more about meridian energy techniques or energy therapies)
- Student (Those who have trained but who havent yet acquired their Practitioner certificate)
- New! Meridian Energy Therapist (Anyone who has qualified as a meridian energy practitioner or trainer). This includes Emotrance, TAT, Matrix re-imprinting, BSFF, Balance Procedure etc.
- Practitioner (Levels 2 & 3) (Those who have trained to and achieved their AAMET EFT Practitioner certificate)
- Trainer (An AAMET approved trainer)
- Trainer of Trainers (An AAMET approved Trainer of Trainers)
- Masters (Currently open to existing EFT Masters) (This title will be offered soonsee What requirements will there be to become an EFT Master? below)
How many clients do I need to have to get certified?
Gary Craig’s guidelines for EFT certification indicated a certain number of clients at each training level. There are currently no AAMET requirements for “number of clients”. Level 1 training is a basic EFT training, geared toward self-help and foundational EFT skills. After Level 2 training, much practical experience is necessary before submitting your case-studies to an AAMET Trainer before becoming an EFT Level 2 Practitioner. You may practice with friends, family and through peer EFT swapping sessions. It is imperative that you disclose this information to all clients; as well as abide by the code of ethics set forth by AAMET.
If I take Levels 1, 2 and 3 workshops from a certified AAMET trainer will I then be certified?
No, you must also submit case studies to an AAMET trainer.
What is the AAMET Certification process?
After completing Levels 1 and 2 with an AAMET Trainer who is teaching according to AAMET guidelines, you will then be required to pass a written exam. After that, you must practice EFT with others and write up a minimum of 3 case studies that demonstrate competent use of the techniques. These will be reviewed by your trainer who then issues your certificate as an AAMET-Certified EFT Level 2 or 3 Practitioner. Follow-up and mentoring are aspects of the AAMET Training that makes it a particularly strong and effective training process.
After completing the Level 3 certification, what will my official title be?
AAMET EFT Level 3 Practitioner
How can I be sure THIS certification wont be canceled or nullified like other EFT certifications?
AAMET has been in existence for over 8 years. It is not run by one person who could leave or retire. It is a democratic, non-profit organization run by members. All members have the opportunity to join AAMET committees and all members have voting privileges.
What requirements will there be to become an EFT Master?
The AAMET training committee is currently working to solidify the AAMET EFT master requirements. They hope to offer it in early 2011. Ann Adams, the Director of the former EFT Masters program is on the committee along with other highly experienced EFT Practitioners and EFT Masters.
There are no workshops near me. What can I do?
Many workshops are offered at hotels with a discount in room rentals for attendees. You can also contact any AAMET trainer of your preference to request a training in your area.
I understand we need insurance to be an AAMET EFT Practitioner. Where can I get insurance?
Here are 6 companies:
- www.handsoninsurance.com ($165/year)
- www.namasta.com (also offers health and dental)
- www.namtonline.com (also offers health care)
- www.abmp.com ($175/year) You must have proof of at least a Level 3 workshop (EFT, MTT Meridian Tapping Techniques or AAMET) Its under Pro-ER EFT Master Lindsay Kennys EFT practitioner label. Below is the link to info to read about it and the corporate account you need to sign up under. Its 2-3 million in liability insurance for $175 a year. They initially were just for massage practitioners, but now cover EFT, MTT and ProER Rather than you having to set up another corporate account, you can use Pro-ER. But you will need to fill out a form and fax a certificate of completion to them. I have reprinted this info with Lindsay Kennys permission.
Member Benefits Manager
ID number 965154 for corporate accounts. Its important that you use this ID # for the $175 rate.
- Canada: Lackner McLennen Ins., & Preventative Health Services Group. Both cost about $250 a year. www.rmtinsurance.com