Charting Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) with different hobbies is an interesting project. EFT can be used to release emotional stress from any situation, not just the one you are currently experiencing. Have you ever wondered what your favorite hobby would do for your EFT chart?
In this blog post, we will show you how to create a lasting change by using your favorite hobby in conjunction with EFT.
Why EFT is a good fit for hobby-holics
EFT has been shown to be an excellent fit for those who are “hobby-holics.” Hobbies or passions often come with a sense of anxiety, depression, boredom, and other unwanted emotional responses. An EFT can help release these feelings by tapping them out on the body so you can get back to your hobby without the stress.
If you are an individual who has a hobby and is interested in the therapeutic benefits of EFT, then this blog post is for you. I’ll discuss why EFT might be right for your needs as well as how it can help with both mental and physical health issues while also improving relationships.
Imagine being locked inside a room full of paint since birth; what would that do to one’s mind? This example may sound like something out of a horror movie but paints such scenes accurately when talking about someone with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Fortunately, there are ways to get around OCD so people don’t have to live their lives trapped by fear or anxiety.
What are some hobbies that can be enhanced with EFT for relief?
“If you are a crafter, the best way to use EFT is to tap on any negative emotions that arise while crafting. As an example, tapping with your fingers in a sequence of ‘Ew-uhh-eewww’ can help release anger and frustration during art-making.”
Different hobbies that can be enhanced with EF for relief include:
- Treasure hunting with a metal detector – Going to the beach or a hunting trail with your metal detector is a great way to clear your head while trying to find treasures. However, make sure to get the best metal detector from known brands like Garret, seeing as they make some of the best ones. You can also install an adult trampoline. It’s a fun form of exercise for grownups that you’ll enjoy.
- Watching TV or movies on the internet. It is a relaxing and enjoyable way to watch entertainment without any negative emotions. You would need to tap while watching, as you might get emotionally invested in what you are watching.
- Some of the known hobbies are Painting, Sculpting, Crocheting, Knitting, and Woodworking
How to use the Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) process with different hobbies
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) works with different hobbies. The following 8 steps will take you through how to use the process and successfully complete a task:
Step One – Pick A Specific Hobby
- -Take your time choosing which hobby or activity to focus on.
- -Choose one that is most important to you in regards to what you want to achieve.
- It is best if the hobby or activity has a clear ending point so that it can be completed in one session of EFT tapping.
Step Two – List Your Negative, Unwanted Thoughts and Feelings about this Hobby
- -Pay attention to thoughts such as “I am not good at playing the piano” or “I will never get better at this”.
- -Write down any negative feelings that come up when you think about the task such as feeling disappointed, frustrated, embarrassed.
Step Three – Rate Each Negative Thought and Emotion on a Scale of 0-100 Un- Think hard about each thought and emotion to determine how intense it is.
- meaning the thought or feeling does not bother you at all and 100 is a very intense unwanted experience
Step Four – Tap on the EFT Acupressure Points for each Intense Experience
- Take your time tapping through each point, noticing any changes in thoughts and feelings as they arise. Remember to stay focused on your task and not the thoughts that come up.
- Tap on each point several times, staying focused on what you want to achieve while tapping.
Step Five – Reassess Your Thoughts and Feelings about this Hobby
- Notice any change in negative or unwanted experiences since completing EFT taping. If changes are noted then it is a good indication that the EFT process was successful.
Step Six – Take your time deciding on what to do next
- If you are noticing any changes in negative thoughts and feelings, then it is ok if they return. The point of this exercise is to observe how your emotional state fluctuates over time with no interference from outside sources.
Step Seven – Reflect on the Process
- Think about how you felt before and after tapping. What thoughts did you have? Did any of these change during or after the EFT process?
- This is an important step in understanding what part of your emotional experience was changed by the taping session. It will help you identify how to best use EFT in your life.
Step Eight – Take Your Time With the Decision
- Note that it can take a few days before you notice any changes or reactions from completing an emotional freedom technique session.
- This is normal and should not cause concern as there are no side effects of this process.
Remember the last time you felt like your mood and energy levels were off? It can be frustrating to feel that way, but EFT is one of the best ways to get back on track. The idea behind Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is to tap different points around our body while focusing on something we want or need, such as feeling more relaxed or more confident.
The following are some examples of things that people use EFT for:
- Becoming less stressed and anxious when out in public
- Improving competitiveness on the field (especially if they have a tendency to give up)
- Increasing their sense of confidence after being rejected by someone they liked, even if they were the one who pursued
- Improving their grades in school
- Getting back to work after a break, or returning from an injury.
The best way for you to use EFT is by tapping on specific points around your body while focusing on what it is that you want to achieve. For example, if someone has anxiety about public speaking, they can tap on the points while focusing their attention on feeling confident and relaxed in front of a group. The idea is to find something that will help you achieve what it is you want or need.
With this process, there are no side effects- meaning once an emotional freedom technique session has been completed there should be no lasting feelings.